Friday 27 November 2015

Harry Potter heaven

Ah welcome to the magical world of wizardry , full of spellbinding sweets , chocolatey charms and jellybean jinxs ! 

Prehaps The most famous wizarding treat is the good old chocolate frog , these come in lots of different varieties . When I was little , my dad managed to get these for me when we went on holiday to lanzarotte , and to this day I don't know how or where from , I'm assuming he brought them in England and took them over with us but I still don't know where he sourced them from ?! All I know is that they where solid chocolate (like the ones you can get from the studios but smaller) and absolutely delicious ! They came with a wizarding card too but to be honest , all I was interested in was sinking my teeth into the solid , albeit slightly melted , chocolate toads head . So , here are the different toad types available : 

Then there's the Bertie bots all flavour beans ! These have had 6 versions over the years with each adding a few new (if slightly questionable) flavours each time . The current line up are pictured below with the very brand new editors of pizza , mash potato , gravy and ketchup ! 

In the books themselves , jk Rowling also mentions a few confectionaries that often get over looked . Some are mentioned by a read old lady when asking that age old question ' anything off the trolley ?' Can you remember what rons reply was though ? ;) other slightly less appealing  goods are introduced to us by  the lovable roughed , Fred and George Weasley when opening their joke shop in diagon alley (not to be said diagonally, as poor old Harry learned in the second film the Chamber of secrets) 
Personally I think the jelly slugs look the best ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment